SMP Pre Care:
To perform cosmetic tattoo procedures, the skin must be hydrated and moisturized on the day of your appointment.- NO EXCEPTIONS. Please come to your appointment with a clean scalp, shaven if needed, and exfoliate 1 once a day for 4-5 days prior to your appointment.
Though the sensation of micro-pigmentation is minimal, all clients will respond to pain differently. To alleviate possible discomfort, a topical anesthetic may be applied during the procedure. Please do not take any blood thinners such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin 24 hours before. Tylenol can be taken 30 minutes before your treatment without any contraindications.
Please note that you will be more sensitive 5 days before, during, and 5 days after your menstrual cycle.
• The skin should not be dry, chapped, or irritated on the day of the appointment. Sculpted Studios reserves the right to cancel you appointment if your brow area is not in optimal condition for the treatment.
• Your scalp will be darker and may experience minor flaking during the healing process (depends on the person).
• If you use or have used RetinA or any other medications, please advise the artist.
• Do not exercise the day of the procedure.
• Do not tan or come with a sunburned head.
• Do not consume caffeinated products 24 hours before the procedure.
• Do not consume alcohol 5 days before your procedure and 3 days after.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen 72 hours before the procedure.
• Avoid Chemical Peels, Botox, & Laser treatment 2 months before your appointment.
SMP After Care:
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SCALP, DAY 1 & 2
During those first 48 hours the treated area can ONLY be cleansed with the antiseptic wipes provided to you. No water or other cleansers of any kind can be used for any reason.
It is normal to be excited about your new SMP; however do not touch, pick, peel, tamper, scratch, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, you will damage the color and affect the retention. Let the skin naturally go through the healing and recovery process.
It is normal because of the skins natural healing and regeneration process for clients to experience color loss or what appears to be color loss, causing it to look uneven or even disappear all together in some areas. This is the reason we require a minimum of two treatments so we can ensure the best possible results, make any minor changes and pigment the area slowly for the most natural results.
DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS
Abstain from any physical activity. Do not let any sweat, water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch the treated area. You may apply a thin layer of ointment when showering or washing your face to protect the area from steam and moisture.
DURING THE NEXT 14+ DAYS
NO hot sauna, swimming pool, ocean, sun tanning, tanning salons, vaseline, Neosporin, or any other petroleum based products.
DO NOT expose the area to unsanitary or dirty conditions.
Do not use products containing alcohol or products that contain glycolic, lactose, or fruit acids and avoid salt or saline on the treatment area.
Avoid any prolonged sun exposure. After 30 days your scalp is healed and you should begin to always apply SPF 30 on the tattooed area.